Cyprus villa with a difference
A Holiday Wheelchair Haven
I was fortunate to have the pleasure to meet Andy and his wife Nicola. During my visit Andy showed me around this delightful and airy Cyprus villa. First of all I noted this is not your ordinary Cyprus villa. The lower level is adapted for a wheelchair user for ease of access and functionality. This includes a hoist in the bedroom and a specially adapted wet room/bathroom. In addition there is ample space to move around in the both the bedroom and wet room/bathroom without restriction.
Villa Carpe Diem (VCD) is a self-catering Cyprus villa located on the beautiful south coast of Cyprus, halfway between Larnaca and Limassol. The villa and surrounding areas have been designed to facilitate a person with either accessibility or mobility issues, so they can holiday with family or friends. VCD is approximately 3 km from the sea, and is approached by quiet country roads and up a steep hill. This eventually leads into two level paved driveways at either lower ground level or ground level.
This beautiful, spacious villa is laid out on three floors. The lower ground floor is the self-contained adapted apartment, that also provides access to the garage, garden and main house via a gently sloping, wide, ramped path. The ground floor forms the kitchen, dining room and sitting room of the main house (with cloak/shower room). The upper floor contains 3 bedrooms available to guests (with a choice of either twin or double-bedded room, one additional double room and a king-size bedded room with en-suite) plus a family bath/ shower room. Furthermore, VCD sleeps up to 8 people, plus in addition a baby cot.
- A gently sloping path leads from the garage up to the swimming pool and sun terrace area of the main house.
- The sun terrace can also accessed from the parking area via a gateway which is 86cm or 34ins wide. The surface is stone tiles and is level.
- From the sun terrace there is a gently sloping ramp to the covered verandah outside the kitchen and dining room areas of the main house.
- The path, sun terrace and pool area are paved with non-slip stone tiles.
- To enhance your enjoyment, there is a gas BBQ on the sun terrace.
- The verandah, which offers wonderful views is level and paved with stone tiles.
- For your comfort, there is a wooden table and eight chairs on the verandah. In addition, there is another seating area with a sofa and two easy chairs, plus two more easy chairs at the other end of the verandah.
- Eco friendly solar lights light the garden. Electric wall lights light the verandah areas.
The pool is 10×5 metres and is a salt water pool.
- The shallow end is 0.9 metres deep and is 2 metres long. The floor of the pool slopes gently for 8 metres until it reaches a depth of 1.65 metres at the deep end.
- There are 3 steps with a handrail leading into the pool at the shallow end and a set of ladder steps at the deep end.
- A manual hoist is provided which works with a swivel and a sling to provide access to the pool for those who cannot manage the steps.
- In the interests of health and safety, small children should ideally be supervised at all times
- The owners welcome dogs by prior arrangement. Dog owners must provide their own dog beds.
- In addition, dog owners are requested that dogs are kept under control at all times.
- In the interest of health and safety, dog owners must also clean up after their animals in the garden.
- Most noteworthy, internet access with WiFi is provided throughout the house and apartment.
- In addition the mobile phone coverage is good.
- There are government hospitals in Larnaca (34 km/21 miles) and Limassol (43 km/26 miles)
- Our recommended doctor is Dr Femke Ellens, in Limassol, about 35km/21 miles.
- Additionally, (Sunshine Carers Cyprus) are also highly recommend as the specialist nursing care agency, providing nurses and UK qualified care assistants. However, please note that this service is only available if booked in advance of your visit.
- If you need specialist equipment please inform us, as we may be able to source this for you.
In conclusion, please have a look at the this wonderful Cyprus villa on the websites for your self. When you are ready to make your booking, contact them to book your ideal holiday.